The Commission maintains a Community Register on the addition of vitamins and minerals and of certain other substances to foods, hereinafter referred to as ‘the Register’. The Register includes the following:
- the vitamins and minerals including compounds which may be added to foods,
- the maximum and minimum amounts of vitamins and minerals which may be added to foods and any associated conditions (maximum amounts have not yet been determined; the Commission may submit a proposal by January 19, 2009),
- the information regarding national provisions on the mandatory addition of vitamins and minerals,
- any restrictions on the addition of vitamins and minerals,
- the substances for which dossiers have been submitted for the European Food Safety Authority for evaluation,
- prohibited substances, restricted substances, and substances under Community scrutiny.