The Ruokavirasto.fi website is implemented pursuant to the law concerning digital services which requires that public network services must be accessible. This means that the website must fulfil requirement levels A and AA as determined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 criteria.
The Ruokavirasto.fi website was published on 1 January 2019. This accessibility statement was published on 20 September 2019 and updated on January 18th 2024 . The accessibility of the website has been assessed by the Finnish Food Authority.
Ruokavirasto.fi website fulfils critical accessibility requirements
The website Ruokavirasto.fi largely fulfils the accessibility requirements, and no critical deficiencies in accessibility are present.
The site contains non-accessible content that is not covered by legislation or that has not yet been made accessible due to an excessive burden.
1. Content not covered by the legislation:
- productivity software files (e.g. doc, pdf, odt) published before 23 September 2018 and which are not essential for offering services
- video or audio recordings published before 23 September 2020.
2. Content for which we claim an excessive burden:
- To the extent that appendices published before 23 September 2018 are needed for services, we will make these key appendices accessible. Due to the large number of files, we will adjust their availability as the files are updated. We train staff to produce content in an accessible manner and continuously monitor the state of accessibility on the site.
- The website has some model animal health certificates and terms and conditions of export agreed upon with countries outside the EU that are not accessible due to their format. If you would like to receive the information in an accessible format, please contact email@example.com.
- The website has some training materials intended for laboratory personnel that are not accessible. If you want the information in an accessible format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The website has some forms related to plant varieties that are not accessible. If you want the information in an accessible format, please contact email@example.com.
- Some of the guides have two or more elements on the page have the same title.
- Part of the table title cell lacks the title role or context.
Feedback and contact information
Have you detected a deficiency regarding accessibility on our website? Please inform us of the matter and we will do our best to rectify the deficiency. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days.
For a justified reason, any information you require in order to clarify or implement your interests, rights or obligations you are entitled to receive in an accessible form. If you are not able to receive such information from our website in an accessible form, you can make a request by using the feedback form below or by sending an email message to the email address below. We shall respond to your request within 14 days. If your request pertains to a large amount of content, we can extend the response time by a maximum of two weeks. We will notify you, if the response time is to be extended. If we do not deliver the information in an accessible form, we will devise a justified certificate for this in writing.
Filing an accessibility complaint and a request for clarification
If you detect any accessibility issues on our website, please always provide feedback to us first.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can send a request for clarification to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland supervises compliance with the accessibility requirements in Finland. Contact information for the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland: email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 0295 016 000 (switchboard).
If we do not comply with the requirements and obligations as set forth in the law concerning digital services, you are entitled to file an accessibility complaint to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.