We aim to the best of our ability to help and advise travellers with pets, for example where they can search for information and what information is worth acquiring. Finnish Food Authority does not maintain any pages on the import requirements of different countries of destination. The information can change and it’s impossible to keep the information updated.


You can search information on the import conditions of the different countries of destination via the menu on the left. The links take you to the English pages of the different authorities.


NOTE! In Finland only official veterinarians (municipal or city veterinarians) can issue official health certificates related to animal health within their jurisdiction. Private veterinarians do not issue official certificates. If official certificates are not required, you can also book an appointment with a private veterinarian.

Page last updated 1/18/2019