The Microbiology Unit of Finnish Food Authority has methodology for the detection and identification of rare food-poisoning bacteria.
- Detection of Yersinia enterocolitica and Y. pseudotuberculosis by culture methods and real-time PCR
- Detection of Escherichia coli (EHEC/VTEC/STEC) serotypes O157, O145, O111, O103, O26 and O104 by culture methods and real-time PCR
- Detection of pathogenic Vibrio species and Shigella species by culture and PCR methods
- Detection of Streptococcus equi ssp. zooepidemicus and Cronobacter spp. (Enterobacter sakazakii) by culture methods
- Saija Hallanvuo, mobile +358 40 489 3448
- Marjaana Hakkinen, mobile +358 400 287 417