The Research Council is tasked with promoting all scientific research activities related to the Finnish Food Authority’s fields of operation. The term of office is from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2022 and the council generally convenes once a year.
The invited members of the council who have accepted the invitation are:
- Johanna Björkroth, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Antti Sukura, Professor, Dean, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Antti Asikainen, Professor, Executive Vice President Research, Natural Resources Institute Finland / Nina Peuhkuri, Principal Research Manager, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Kurt Fagerstedt, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Marina Heinonen, Professor, University of Helsinki, Department of Food and Nutrition
- Minna Kaljonen, Research Professor, Finnish Environment Institute
- Katri Levonen, Senior Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Food Department
- Janne Nieminen, Chief Director, Professor, Finnish Food Authority
- Antti-Jussi Oikarinen, Director General, Finnish Food Authority
- Olli Peltoniemi, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Mikko Peltonen, Research Director, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry / Suvi Ryynänen, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Suvi Virtanen, Research Professor, National Institute for Health and Welfare
The secretary for the council is Liisa Maunuksela, Director of Scientific Research of the Finnish Food Authority. New members may be included in the council subject to a new decision.