In addition to the Food Market Act, the Food Market Ombudsman and the Office of the Ombudsman are also guided by many other regulations.
Other pieces of legislation related to the Ombudsman's duties and powers laid down in the Food Market Act are listed below.
- The Unfair Business Practices Act 1061/1978
- Entrepreneur Protection Act 1062/1993
- Regulation on the common organisation of the markets (EU) No 1308/2013
- UTP Directive EU 2019/633
- Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Market Court Proceedings Act 100/2013 (unofficial translation in the Finlex service)
- Act on Conditional Fines 1113/1990 (in Finnish)
- Administrative Judicial Procedure Act 808/2019 (unofficial translation in the Finlex service)