Do you raise grain? Do you grow salads, herbs, and other vegetables? Berries or fruit? Do you want to process them, and sell and serve them at your farm?
Information how to start to process and sell food at your farm is available on this page and in the guide below.
Contents of the guide:
- Section 1, Setting up: A summary of the information you need to start selling food at your farm.
- Section 2, Premises: Information on the requirements for premises.
- Section 3, Operations: Requirements for selling food products at farm.
- Section 4, Staff: Requirements regarding the personnel.
- Section 5, Own-check: Information about own-check. You can use this information to draw up an own-check plan or to describe your own check.
- Section 6, Terminology: Some words are underlined. You will find their explanations in section 6.
- Appendix 1, Sales from a farm: This flow chart helps you to understand whether a notification of the establishment of food premises is needed or not.
- Appendix 2, Processing of plan based ingredients at the famr: A Flow chart whether a notification of the establishment of food premises is needed or not.
Additional information and explanations of terms
Links to the additional information referred to in the guide are available here. Please note that, unfortunately, not all of the information has been translated.
Explanations for the terms underlined in the online training materials and guide can be found here.
If you want to set up a restaurant at your farm,
you are recommended to get familiar with Finnish Food Authority's guide and online course on "Setting up a restaurant".