AGREX export licences

Export of rice outside of the EU requires an AGREX export licence. Apply for export licences from the Market Department of the Finnish Food Authority and submit an export declaration at the Customs before exportation. More information on submitting the export declaration is available at the Finnish Customs website.

Read more in the Application Guide for Import and Export Licences for Agricultural Products

When applying for an export licence, you may have to lodge a security. 

The Finnish Food Authority decides on the release or seizure of the specified security in compliance with the requirements set by the EU’s legislation on the organisation of markets. Read more about securities in the Security instructions.  

When you apply for an export license for the first time: 

  1. Identify the CN code of the exported rice. Find out whether an export licence is required. If necessary, you may consult the customs authorities to determine the right CN code. Taric consultation, Customs website.
  2. Get the EORI number from Customs. EORI on Customs website.
  3. Register as a customer to the Finnish Food Authority. 561000e - Application of registration
  4. Register as an electronic service user, i.e. the electronic import and export service. 5610271 Registration to electronic export and import licence service.Deliver a Trade Register extract to the Finnish Food Authority in connection with the registration application.
  5. Pay the required security. Payment instructions: Security instructions. With respect to rice export licences, the amount of the deposit can be found from the Application Guide. For export quotas, you have to check the amount from the regulations or consult us. 
  6. Apply for a licence in the electronic import and export service. Remember to put in quota number if you are applying for a tariff rate quota. 
  7. Remember to use the licence and return it to the Finnish Food Authority after use. 

We process rice export licence applications that are received by 14:00 o’clock during the same day. Quotas may be subject to special rules regarding the dates of applications and issuing dates.

The Finnish Food Authority will not process import or export licence applications on national midweek holidays.

Authority responsible for issuing export and import licences and extracts of licences

Finnish Food Authority / Market aid
P.O. BOX 100, FI-00027 Finnish Food Authority
Tel. +358 29 530 0400 (switch)
Email: tuovi(at)

Authority responsible for attributions and endorsements on electronic export and import licences

Customs, The Electronic Service Center (SPAKE)
Tel. +358 295 5207
Email spake.feoga(at) or spake.tuonti(at)​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Page last updated 12/4/2020